Window replacement seems fairly straightforward, but it takes as much effort and planning as other home upgrades. Before moving ahead with the project, you’ll want to make sure you have a few important things covered.
1. Determine whether you actually need new windows. Windows are not easily damaged – they can last for a decade or more with proper repair and maintenance. But eventually, your existing windows will need to be replaced, and you’ll know this because:
- There’s condensation between the panes.
- The frames and sashes have warped or rotted due to moisture damage.
- Your windows are letting in drafts that compromise your home’s indoor comfort and energy efficiency.
- The windows are so outdated they still have single panes.
- Your windows have become inoperable.
2. Decide on the framing material. Replacement windows are available in different materials, each one having its own distinct advantages. Wood, for instance, is not only tough and classically beautiful, it also offers great insulating value. Vinyl is versatile and cost-effective, but also offers low-maintenance performance. But they also have drawbacks: wood is susceptible to rot while vinyl has a short lifespan. Fortunately, there’s a third option: Fibrex® composite windows from Renewal by Andersen® Midwest.
It perfectly blends the strength and insulating properties of wood with the low-maintenance value of vinyl. This allows for windows that don’t crack, chip, pit, warp or corrode. When closed, they create a durable seal that prevents air leakage and significant energy loss. Pair our Fibrex windows with our High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass, and benefit from some of the most energy-efficient replacement windows available today.
3. Choose a window style based on your specific needs. For example, get casement and double hung windows if you want to increase your home’s access to natural ventilation. If you want to let in more sunlight and expand your viewing area, go for picture or sliding windows. And for those who want to create an instant focal point in their home, investing in specialty windows is the ideal choice. Renewal by Andersen Midwest offers a wide selection of window styles that can effectively meet your needs. You also have the option to customize your new units with your preferred interior-exterior color combination, hardware finish or grille pattern.
Call Us Today
At Renewal by Andersen, we have always been committed to delivering complete client satisfaction, something we make possible through high-quality products and superior workmanship. Get in touch with us by calling (866) 997-8537 or filling out this contact form. We proudly serve Carmel, IN, Middletown, OH, and all other areas in between the two.