Spring is a great time to perform household tasks like rearranging stored items in the garage and cleaning your windows. Since things can get really cluttered during the winter months, tackling some chores early in the spring will allow you to relax and enjoy the summer. Here are some useful tips for window cleaning during springtime.
How to Clean the Window Glass
- To start, dust traces of dirt and debris off the windows – including frames, sills, hinges and tracks – using a soft brush.
- Squeeze a tiny amount of mild dish soap into a bucket of lukewarm water.
- Use a strip washer to wash the windows. Dip the cleaning tool in the soapy water. Make sure to wring out excess water before proceeding to wash the window glass.
- Next, with a regular squeegee, damp the edges, and drag it from top to bottom following an S-shaped figure.
- Clean off the squeegee with a lint-free rag or microfiber towel each time you wipe.
- Finally, dry any window drips using a mildly damp cloth, and finish up by wiping the frame and sill.
When cleaning the interior surface of windows, place a towel down near the track to avoid water spills on your flooring.
How to Clean the Window Track
Be sure to clean the track after washing the window. You may use the same soap and water mixture and microfiber cloth to give the window track a proper bath. If this cleaning solution fails to remove grease or grime buildup, use a small amount of white vinegar and a cotton swab. After, lubricate the tracks and rollers of your windows with a dry silicone spray. Do this more frequently if you live near a coastal area.
Renewal by Andersen® Midwest is a premier source of replacement French patio doors and windows in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Our certified professionals are committed to providing the comfort and efficiency every homeowner needs through industry-leading products and outstanding customer service. Call us at (866) 997-8537, or fill out our contact form to set up an appointment.